Responsive, intuitive, WordPress-based web solutions
I have over 10 years of experience branding and extending the open-source WordPress platform, giving clients great-looking websites with functionality tailored to their exact needs, which they can update and manage from the comfort of your web browser.
I am responsible for websites that advertise and ticket conferences, provide a shopfront for medical consultants, power location-based tourism experiences, house digital heritage archives, and more.
Research & Evaluation
A decade of real-world user experience evaluation, at your service.
In 2010, I completed a PhD at the ground-breaking Mixed Reality Lab and have since helped businesses, public sector organisations and practitioners understand how to improve their digital products and services. I have extensive experience in user research and field trials.
I am an advocate of user-centred design and an expert in using methods ranging from interviews and focus groups to participatory design, to extract requirements from customers and increase audience engagement.
Struggling to understand negative feedback or poor adoption? I have tested websites, mobile apps, in-home technologies and digital workplace tools “in the wild” to reveal pain points and system flaws
Training & Digital Literacy
Passionate about improving access to digital technologies
I regularly deliver one-off training workshops and longer courses, tailored to the needs of particular organisations and communities. I enjoy translating technical topics for non-technical audiences.
Manage your website
- Learn how to keep your website safe from malicious attacks, and develop good back-up habits
- Harness the power of plugins to add useful functionality
- Understand how to safely manage user roles and accounts
Enhance your venue
- Learn what consumer technologies are emerging, from augmented and virtual reality, to iBeacons, Eddystone, and 3D scanning and printing
- Understand the benefits and risks of these technologies, and how to write them into funding proposals or discuss them with consultants and agencies
Be effectively creative
- Learn established design methods and tools that help generate good ideas, quickly
- Understand what “design thinking” means and how your organisation can adopt a more systematic approach to user research, prototyping and evaluation